Monday, December 18, 2006

On a more personal note

Come Monday morning, I am a mass of aching muscles.

It's the weekend dance lessons, taking their toll.

I am learning a mix of vyayama (excercise), sthanas and charis (stances and leg movements) and adavus (steps).


A lethal mix. And one that I should not attempt at 38, perhaps.

At some point in the future, I will, I hope, become flexible, poised, graceful...until then, I can only look at Him, the Lord of Dance, and marvel.

Post Script: If you can straighten your leg out like that statue, let me know. You'll have my warm admiration.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

firstly, how do you find the time?! you seem to have a dynamic life, and i admire you for your knowledge; I have just found your blog tonight whilst looking for info on Mumbai , Chennai and Goa and I got a bit stuck.... Hope to return often - now off to Goa...

sambar42 said...

Deepa,
Rock on!

Sunil said...

I couldn't agree more with jaqiedgar.....
I admire your knowledge and wonder how do u get time to do so much....